Thursday, April 12, 2018

Just Released... 'A Certain Girl'


The day began as any other day would have. Sitting up from my bed I quietly sighed to myself before I stood and stretched out slowly. I let my roommate, Erynn, have her shower first before I went in and washed myself up. I was looking forward to the new college year and also meeting with my new boyfriend, Jacob, in between classes. It was my first serious relationship and just thinking about it made me excited inside.

I had just begun my sophomore year at City College, and rented a place with my best friend Erynn a few miles from the college. We found the prices a bit cheaper off campus, and we lived real close to the bus line so no need for a car.
I had very long blonde hair that passed my shoulders and I also had a cross between green and blue eyes. I considered myself attractive but I had always been the shy one in my group of friends. There was no doubt that I was more on the skinny side but I had to admit that my breasts were very well developed for nineteen year old, which helped keep my confidence at a nice level.
After I finished cleaning myself up in the shower I threw on a towel and walked into my bedroom to change. I put on what I would usually always wear; a pair of blue jeans, a black tank top with a white blouse over top and a nice pair of ear rings that I had purchased a day earlier. When I was ready I walked downstairs into the kitchen for a quick breakfast with Erynn. I sat down at the table and Erynn immediately began to bug me as usual.
"So how's your new boyfriend Jordyn? Have you done the wild thing yet?" she asked with a smile on her face.
I was a little surprised that she was talking about such things but I knew it was meant to annoy me anyway.
"Oh whatever Erynn, at least I have a boyfriend." I answered back.
We were both used to annoying each other. Fighting was a daily occurrence between the two of us and it was actually kind of fun. Erynn was only two years older than I was but she still looked the same age as I did. The only major difference was that she had light brown hair instead of my blonde and it was slightly shorter and very curly too. We were often mistaken for sisters.
"So how is sophomore year coming along?" my she asked, looking at a catalog.
"It's fine." I replied. "All of my professors are nice I guess."
I didn't bother telling her about the one prof that I really liked as we spoke. Dr. Roberts actually wasn't a Prof, but she was certainly one of my favorite faculty members and she was even a good friend too. As a college adviser she helped a lot of students with their problems and even though I didn't really have any she seemed more interested in me than any other person. I was surprised that she didn't have a husband or even a boyfriend since she was pretty much the most attractive faculty member on campus. The only other Professor who came to mind, that looked as nice as she did was Dr. Lawrence but I didn't take any of her classes.
After we finished eating, Erynn and I left for the bus stop at the end of the block. While we were walking Erynn said, "So why has Roberts been calling you to her office so often lately Jordyn? Is it about Jacob perhaps?"
"Of course not." I replied. "She just likes me and wants to get to know me better. I'll bet she's glad that I have a boyfriend."
"Yeah, well we'll just wait and see how long this guy Jacob can put up with you Jordyn." she said, grinning at me.
Once we got on the bus I immediately headed for the back and sat down near Erynn. Not much later I noticed that the bus stopped to pick up none other than Jacob who had been standing on the street corner.
"Jacob, what are you doing taking the bus today?" I asked happily.
He sat down beside me and returned my smile the way he always would.
"I just thought it would be nice to see you in the morning for once Ally." he said.
"Oh, that's sweet of you." I answered, staring at him.
"So what are you doing after classes today Ally?"
"I don't know. Nothing I guess. Did you have something in mind Kev?"
"Well I was thinking we could get together and have something to eat after class and maybe go to the mall."
"Mmm...Sounds fun Jacob. Okay let's do it." I answered. He then put one arm around me and held me close as I let Erynn watch. I could tell she was just a little jealous and for a best friend that was always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment